Found this recipe on Angel Wongs Kitchen for Braised Pork Belly 滷肉飯 (Lǔ ròu fàn) using a pressure cooker to speed things up.
- eggs (however many you want to cook)
- Enough water to cover the eggs by about an inch.
- Bring water to boil
- Put in eggs for 12 minutes
- Put eggs into an ice bath for 15 minutes
- Add to braised pork belly stew below.
Braised Pork Belly
- 2 lb. boneless pork belly
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar (or rock sugar)
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine
- 3 Tbsp. dried shallot
- 1 tsp. five spice powder
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 3 3/4 cups filtered water for instant pot (4 cups or more to cover meat for slow cook)
- Cut pork belly into 1" pieces.
- Brown the pork and add to instant pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the instant pot.
- Set pot to pressure + high for 30 minutes (actual cook time will be longer because the pot needs to pressurize).
- Once done, add the boiled eggs.